Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dreamy islands.


I bought this book nearly two years ago, it's called Atlas of Remote Islands and is written by Judith Schalansky (here). It's pure beauty and it takes me to a gorgeous dreamy place every time I flick through it. Also, it's exquisitely designed; the sky-blue cover contrasts with the bright orange-yellow of the inside, but I adore the drawings above everything.
Each of the 50 islands included in this atlas are drawn by Judith Schalansky and they include a little story of the islands, as well as some information and data.


Every island is drawn at the same scale and it's so interesting to see the different sizes of the islands; some ones fit in the whole page and some others are like little spots on the vast ocean-like page.


I truly reccomend this book, even as a self-gift, as you can read it over and over again (and daydream, of course!).

Images by Muffins in my backpack.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...